Thursday, June 5, 2008

MTC and Counting

Lisa and I made it to Provo.


The room at the Rodeo Inn was like living with Donald Trump as compared to our room here at the MTC, but then we will only be here for two more days.


We definitely see why Sterling and Eric loved the MTC. The food is quite good. I do believe they have alternate objectives though in feeding us so well, because the first day the mission president said that Senior Couples are worth their weight in gold. I do believe I have added a few pounds and at over $900 @ounce thats a lot of kwarta! (Cebuano for money) or was that kwarto, news at 10,


and if there were not enough Elders and Sisters here already 400 more arrived on Wednesday.



They had suitcases lined up three different ways from this sidewalk intersection.

Lisa also finds a new favorite picture on the wall every day. One day this one was the one she needed a picture. It is pretty special, I think too.

There are pictures up and down all the halls, and one day Lisa asked one of the administration here how often they changed the pictures, because she keeps finding new ones. Well, the administrator said he thought they changed them about 5 years ago. We got a laugh out of that.

We start classes every day at 8 AM. Go pretty solid until noon, then have an hour and a half for lunch, then back to class at 1:30 PM until 5 PM. At 6 PM Lisa and I have a two hour language class, needless to say, between eating, learning and sleeping we have not let any moss grow between our toes here.

Still excited and still looking forward to all that is ahead.

One quote from my journal, then off to bed:

"To observe and be part of this wave of missionaries is uplifting, to say the least. What power to behold! I saw God’s Army today and I heard them sing, “We are as the army of Helaman, we have been taught in our youth, and we are NOW the Lord’s missionaries, to bring the world his truth,” was hard to take. The lump in my throat was so large that I could not sing but could only cry like a baby. I felt God today!"

Good night now,

Love ya all,

Dee and Lisa



4 comments:

valumama said...

I remember loving being able to sing NOW in that song too, pretty special!
p.s. Ashlee now has a blog:
http://ashleeandcrew.blogspot.com/
love ya,
keep learning lots!

Ashcraft Family said...

I have missed so much of your lives this last year until now. I love the blog! I'm so proud of Rudy and had no idea he joined the military! Graduations and missions!Not a dull moment and I wept in your last entry. I will enjoy feeling the spirit through your mission. Thanks for your example!Love ya

Anonymous said...

Mom said the song was pretty awesome as well...we think of you often and pray for you even more...thanks for sharing.

Diana Gourley said...

I love your blog; I'm excited to experience, in a small way, your mission vicariously.You have touched my heart in many ways for good. I love and miss you. May the Lord bless and keep you in his care,

Diana

PS I have blog now as well. Check it out at dianagourley.blogspot.com